The fact that there are beautiful beaches in Spain that are inferior to Caribbean beaches is nothing new, but that we have become the country with the most Blue Flag beaches in the world is something to be proud of! This week, the annual Blue Flag beaches award has been announced just before the summer break – which officially begins when schools split up around the second or third week of June – and with 589 of these prestigious quality marks, Spain remains the coastlines of planet Earth. Spain has been unbeaten worldwide in its number of Blue Flag beaches for 33 years in a row, and 2020 is no exception, even though the bar was raised much higher because of the criteria, including “Coronavirus-safe” measures.
Making a choice is not easy. We would love to visit every beach in Spain! But when it comes to a recommendation, don’t miss the following beaches in the Valencian Community. You never want to leave. The Valencian Community occupies a preferred position on this list. There’s a reason Valencia leads the national rankings, with 134 Blue Flag beaches. Below that, the Costa Blanca of Alicante is the most awarded region in Spain, with no fewer than 73 beaches.
These are the beaches we like best:
- Racó del Mar in Canet de Berenguer. Beach of 1250 meters long with fine sand, dune rows, ecological value and chosen by viewers of the news of Antena 3 as the best beach in Spain in two consecutive years.
- Les Deveses in Denia. Three kilometers long and furthest from the center of Denia. A beach that has managed to retain its natural essence 100%. There is also a windsurfing school!
- Playa de Cap Blanch in Altea. The most impressive is the crystal clear water. You can choose between fine sand and pebbles, and it is never too busy. At Sonneil we love Altea.
- Sant Joan in Alicante. The beach par excellence of Alicante, full of life and no less than seven kilometers long! Beach volleyball, football fields, water sports … There is no boredom on this beach.
- La Cala in Finestrat. This bay is a small gem with very calm, warm and crystal clear water. And it is only three kilometers from Benidorm.
So do not hesitate and come along for your holiday or city trip to the Costa Blanca. We from Taxi Alicante will take care of your private airport transport with great pleasure via the airport of Alicante or Valencia. Contact us without obligation for more information or a free price quote.